Phil Quaife is highly experienced with GT race cars and modern day supercars when it comes to instruction. Phil started his career in 2004 driving Radical Sportscars and moved his way up the ranks over 12 years where today he’s competing in the Blancpain Sprint Championship with the Ferrari Factory Team, AF Corse.
A full member of the highly respected BRDC Phil is a fully qualified ARDS instructor who is willing to help all driver levels from amateurs to gentleman and professional drivers who have a desire for success. Phil firmly believes that a driver can improve through instruction rather than spending money on performance enhancing parts. He also gets a great deal of pleasure watching people progress and gain results. It’s important to Phil to build a good working relationship over a period of time to maximise an individual’s potential.
Phil was employed by McLaren for 6 years during which time he worked with high profile individuals and celebrities. He has a great understanding of what approach works for each individual to get the best result. Phil can also coach in a simulator which is yet another effective tool for developing a driver.
The typical day programme includes:
- Meet and greet
- Discussions on what is going to happen on the day and all the basic track techniques for your chosen circuit.
- Fit V.Box data and GoPro cameras to vehicle if required.
- Track ‘Drivers Briefing’
- Track Open – Slow demo lap by Phil explaining lines & techniques.
- Start to put into practice what I’ve explained while I coach from the passenger side if required.
- High speed demo laps on request to put the techniques into visual practice.
Areas we can cover on the day depending on driver level:
- Analysing data (overlap from me if required) & video footage.
- Driving techniques – Minimising Understeer / Oversteer in a given situation.
- Understanding Pitch / Roll / Heave and weight transfer.
- Understanding the limit of grip and how to react when you go beyond.
- Braking techniques – Trail braking into apex / Right & Left foot braking.
- Throttle control – Minimising wheel spin (Oversteer) & maximising exit traction.
- Heel & Toe to improve downshift & car balance.
- Vision – Corner entry & exit.
- Racing lines – Wet & Dry.
- Knowledge on each individual circuit that I’ve gained over my 200+ race career.
Cars Phil has instructed in to name a few:
McLaren 12C / 650S / 570S / 675LT / P1 & McLaren F1.
Lotus Elise / Exige / Evora
Porsche GT3 / GT3 RS / GT2
Ferrari 430 / 458 Challenge
Porsche 996 / 997 GT3 Cup
BMW M3 GTR
Seat Leon Cupra / Cup Racer
Please view Phil’s ‘Racing CV’ pack to understand in more detail what he has done.
If you’re interested in having some coaching by Phil, please go via the contact page to make an enquiry.